Advanced Technology Lenses
What are intraocular lenses?
Intraocular lenses (IOLs) are permanent, replacement lenses placed in the eye following cataract removal. Similar to a camera lens, IOLs focus your vision and deliver a clear, crisp image.
Premium IOLs are far more advanced than the standard lenses used for lens replacement.
While standard lenses are effective in improving vision and delivering a clear image, premium lenses specifically correct astigmatism as well as distance, midrange, and near vision.
Are premium IOLs right for me?
If you answer “Yes” to any of these questions, you may be a candidate for Premium IOLs.
- Are you nearsighted, farsighted, or do you have an astigmatism?
- Do you want to reduce your dependency on eyeglasses or contact lenses?
- Are you scheduled to have cataract surgery in the near future?
Frequently Asked Questions
Are standard and premium lenses covered by insurance?
Standard lenses are covered by medical insurance, however premium lenses are not. Patients looking to pursue this treatment option are encouraged to learn more about the financing options available at Hauser-Ross Eye Institute.
Are there different types of lenses for me to choose from?
Yes! There are multiple types of IOLs available for patients. Each IOL type corrects vision in a unique manner, targeting certain pre-existing eye conditions and vision capabilities. Hauser-Ross Eye Institute offers the following:
- Toric IOLs – Reduces or eliminates corneal astigmatism while greatly improving distance vision in patients.
- Crystalens IOLs – Corrects vision by changing focus as the patient views objects at varying distances.
- Monofocal IOLs – Assists patients in distance activities and helps lessen the dependent on glasses.
How long does the initial consultation?
We ask patients to allot approximately 90 minutes for general consultations and annual assessments.