Hearing loss it the third most common health problem in the United States. If left untreated, hearing loss can affect your ability to understand speech, harm your social and emotional well-being, as well as decrease your quality of life.
What causes hearing loss?
- Long-term exposure to noise
- Family history of hearing loss
- Cerumen (ear wax)
Is a hearing evaluation right for me?
- Do you have difficulty following conversations in noisy or crowded environments?
- Have you found yourself frequently asking others to repeat themselves?
- Have you been told that you speak too loudly when speaking?
- Have you experienced pain or ringing sensations in one or both of your ears?